Brad Wasserman, MD, FAAP
Dr. Brad Wasserman was born and raised in Maryland. During his college years, he helped teach science to elementary school students and served as a counselor at several camps for children with cancer. He decided that a career in medicine would allow him to combine his interests in healthcare and teaching. After completing his medical training, he joined Oberlin Road Pediatrics in 2003 and found his forever home in Raleigh. He loves living in the community in which he practices.
As a pediatrician, Dr. Wasserman enjoys providing continuity of care and getting to know each family. He strives to teach patients about making good choices so they can grow into healthy adults.
When not practicing medicine, Dr. Wasserman enjoys spending time his family, volunteering at his kids' schools, traveling, and driving his classic 1971 Chevy Blazer. He lives in Raleigh with his husband, their son and daughter, and their two dogs.
Fun Facts About Me
- From a young boy, I was fascinated with school buses and always wanted to drive one. My crazy dream became a reality when I bought a 1978 International Harvester school bus online and converted it to an RV. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the idea for the "Cool Bus" was born, and ORP has since used this bus as a location for Flu and COVID-19 vaccine clinic.
- I was involved with a 4H club that focused on horses. I was Maryland State Champion in Western Riding in high school.
- I ran indoor and outdoor track and played tennis in high school and rowed crew and was on the equestrian team in college.
- Pediatrics: American Board of Pediatrics
- Residency: Residency, Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2001-2003
- Internship: Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 2000-2001
- Medical School: University of Maryland, Baltimore, MA, 1996-2000
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Williams College, Williamstown, MA, 1992-1996
Professional Organizations & Affiliations
- Fellow: American Academy of Pediatrics
- Member: North Carolina Medical Society
- Member: North Carolina Pediatric Society
- Member: Wake County Medical Society
- Past Member: UNC REX Healthcare, Pediatric Executive Committee
- Past Member: Wake County Medical Society, Executive Committee
Honors & Awards
- William D. Kaplan, MD, Award - for humanism in the practice of medicine as voted for by his fellow medical students.
- Conversational Spanish