Oberlin Road Pediatrics is excited to offer Telemedicine visits. You and a physician will have a simultaneous audio-visual conversation from the comfort of your own home.
What can be done by Telemedicine? "Discussion only" visits.
- Chronic non-contagious visits: headaches, chronic abdominal pain, constipation or toileting concerns, toddler feeding/picky eating concerns, chronic asthma updates, menstrual issues.
- Behavioral concerns and questions: new ADHD evaluations and medicine rechecks, mood concerns, or general behavioral coaching visits. We will strive to schedule these with your typical PMD.
- Call the phone nurse and she will determine if a Telemedicine visit would be appropriate. Let the nurse know if you would like longer than the 15 min default-length appointment duration.
- An invitation will be emailed to you, with a specific time to link in with the physician. You may use a smartphone or a computer with camera. If using a phone, you cannot switch applications and show photos to the physician while in the midst of the Telemedicine visit.
- Like when you are scheduled at the office, if the doctor is running behind, you must wait. Allow an hour of time just as you would in the office.
Helpful Information Before the Visit
- Try to be in a room that is well lit, and with as little background noise as is feasible.
- The parent is responsible for ensuring that the insurance policy covers Telemedicine visits.